Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ...im sure some-one can help me. I have 2 common boas,i think the smallest one is having difficulty going to the toilet [poo]. She is just over 2ft long and she shed about 2 weeks ago, and she still did nothing. It has been about 5 weeks now since she went.... she still passes those white balls i think they are there form of urine. She is feeding on weaner rats one a week would the rats cause her to bind up in side....... before that she was taking 3 rat pups a week. I have tried soaking her in the bath but still nothing any help would be great thx.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
try feeling down the rear end of the boa a bit up from the cloaca you will feel any blockages in there. You can massage it out sometimes but i would just make sure he is getting plenty of exercise and fluids and seeing how he goes from there. If in any serious doubt take him to the vets. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
well a sure sign of a constipated snake is a non-feeding and non-pooing snake... but it's not unheard of for a snake to keep eating... er... give it a luke warm bath. that usually moves things along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts