Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mountain Kingsnake appears to be constipated. It has a bit of a bulge around its middle and there appears to be no faeces in its viv in spite of the fact that its appetite is as good as it ever was. I read that castor oil was the cure but apparently this is no longer available, the closest equivalent being liquid paraffin. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately the snake died. I put him in a container of warm shallow water, checked him after 15 mins and found he was dead. I performed an autopsy, in the interests of science, and found some faecal matter, which caused the bulge. It was soft and not impacted, further down the intestine, there appeared to be some sort of growth/tumour. I don't like losing an animal but it was sods law that it would have to be my personal favourite. He received a decent burial, next to the rabbit, in the back garden. So does anyone know of anyone who has any mountain kings for sale [Zonata or pyromelana].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.