Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

I was having a chat last week about building a few vivs, i went to b&q to look for some contiboard and have got the sizes as a few people were wondering how much it was etc.. so here ya go :D

white satin: 1830x152x15mm £1.98
white satin: 2440x152x15mm £2.58
white satin: 2440x305x15mm £5.18

maple effect: 2000x250x18mm £7.76
maple effect: 2000x325x18mm £9.66
maple effect: 2000x450x18mm £12.48

There was also a darker colour then the maple, but it had no prices, i think it may of been the same price as the maple as it looked the same size..

Hope this has helped:)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
that isnt even two foot...450mm....thats a bit rubbish isnt it...

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I think Wickes for a 8ft x 2 ft (or 3 ft) sure it was 2 ft though... Was 17 quid.
B & Q. same conti was 11 quid

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
8X2 conti i get from B&Q costs £14.00 odd...and trice is right wickes/homebase are always more expensive for most things!!:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that isnt even two foot...450mm....thats a bit rubbish isnt it...

They may do bigger, i couldent see anything else.. they only had 3 different sizes.. altho it was not a huge b&q so maybe one of the super b&q's may supply them. if i do ever see anything bigger, i will let ya know...

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
What gets on my nerves is the whole Gallons crap! gallons can mean different lengths, widths and heights! why not give a SET bloody size! haha

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
hehe if they didnt have the size i wanted i'd probably make them arrange getting some especially anyway. Just say 'oh, is there no way you can get the size i nede? otherwise i'll have to find another store that sells it :mrgreen: '

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Generally its first 4 cuts are free and 50p for each cut after... They've never charged me though because they always lose count of the cuts!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Trice. What size do you want it? We have enough conti left over to make a two foot viv if thats any good to you.

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
I bought a wardrobe from Ikea today .. doors were damaged, reduced to £23 and it's enough wood to make a 4 x 2 x 2 which would have cost me £50 from B&Q.. it seems to be contibord in beech finish, have sawed some off and it's the same all the way through so pretty sure it's just as fine to use.

If you have an Ikea go to the "Bargain Basement" section, all furniture returned because of damage, missing pieces, etc. is marked up to 70% off.. and they will haggle, if something is hugely damaged, they will take offers. They also sell units pieces, single doors, lots of stuff that you can probably get enough to make vivs out of.

I think my vivs always look professional(ish) at the end of the day - I wouldn't sell them, but they're good enough for display in my house. You do have to have to the tools to cut your own though which is something that's great about B&Q I guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts