Reptile Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 4 year old bosc who has reached sexual maturity and it appears that she is producing egg follicles that are not developing into eggs. She does not have access to a male and never has. We are worried about the consequences of a build up of these follicles over time, or if they do develop into eggs, egg binding. Our vet is very eager to spay her, though I am wary of putting her through surgery. A zoo friend of mine said her vet implanted her female iguanas to prevent egg production. I can't find anything online about this, does anyone have any experience of this. I know vets, particularly young ones are eager to get surgical experience, and as mine didn't even mention that an implant could be an option when I spoke with him (prior to speaking with my zoo friend) I am worried he is a bit scalpel happy. If anyone has any experience of this I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.