Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i was to buy an adult female from a reptile shop over the next six weeks, i'm guessing the shop wont have been cooling the snakes so would this be a problem if i wanted her to breed next year ???

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
colling is not always nessasery for successful breading and if your not goingt o do it until next year you'll be fine!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Next year? Not a problem, just cool her then...

Folks often give their females every other year off breeding anyways, including not cooling, to ensure they maintain good health 8)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i meant next year as in 2007, i have the male she's goin with but if she wasn't likely to be ready i'm not sure if i'd be better looking for a private sale where the owner may have started brumating.

If that makes sense lol

( but...... if brumating isn't as necessary as i'd previously thought then maybe its still worth a try )

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
corn about 3-5 years old

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
You dont need to brumate corns for them to breed successfully so if you like this animal you should go for it.
I also cant imagine anyone putting an animal into brumation if they were planning on selling it, so you would probably be in the same position whomever you bought a corn from.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its not really necessary mate, i only do it to save money.. no other reason.

·
Registered
990 Posts
breeding

There are still a lot of corns for sale from 2004 clutches. You might be best advertising to see if there is anybody interested in buying the babies, before breeding. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not doing it to sell them, i'd happily keep 'em all.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, you will to start with hun.. then when you have another clutch you will see that you just cant keep them all.
there are always adults for sale... i'll be going to look at my lot today, i'll get back to you tonight.. sorry its a bit late, i've justhad a real hard few nights at work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts