Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
that it isnt sterile. :lol:

if it is sterilised, there are no microbes/fungi on it at all unsterilised is about as clean as a tree, well, it is as clean as a tree, can have insects, bacteria, fungi, parasites/ticks, and other ikki things

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
honestly i would boil it for 10 mins, then dry it out in the oven for about the same time. i have never tried this and it could be a disatster, but i presume it would be ok.

dont put any wood in a gas oven naked flame and all that lol

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
darkdan99 said:
you could spray it with disenfectant, as for which one...go to the disenfectant thread :roll:
Oh dear, quite the joker :roll: .

But in all honesty do you think it would actually work? Some insects are pretty resistant to chemicals, plus being a porous material it would absorb all of the disinfectant which might harm the snake.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
bake it for an hour in the oven....if u don have 1 thats good wenough....ask a mate to do it

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
should be ok, as long as you don hav a naked flame in there, you can do the same for soil for your inverts, kills all nastys

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
What I would do is fill your bath up with hot water and add some bleach to it... Not too much.... Soak it for a good few hours and drain away the water... Give it a good old wash and then soak it in more water... Leave it to dry somewhere and it should be sterile by that time... People do the same when picking up bits of wood from the local forests etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts