Reptile Forums banner

Brumation poll

• yes they will be gagging for it turn down the heat:)

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Don't matter leave 'em be

Votes: 20 69.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very quitely i have been buying reps and my first year breeding starts nxt yr.before anyone asks i have a shop who wants the babies and if any left i will go to local shows i hope it's that easy lol
so who brumates there pairs?

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Last year I didn't brumate at all, still had a fairly successfull year although not 100%. This year I am brumating males only.

·
Registered
25,685 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I brumated all my corns I intended to breed. I kept underweight females warm in the hope they would put on some weight, but it rarely worked. For me corns seemed to stop eating or at least eat very little, over winter so brumating them was the best option.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I bred corns for the first time this year and didnt brumate at all. I had a successful breeding and 19 eggs first go . I will be breeding 2 different pairs next year and plan to do nothing any different, but then I am not a full time breeder so it is not crucial to me if I dont have 100% success. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i didnt think my female was old enough to breed, but they mated anyhow(i refer to it as 'the midnight rape'!!!!)lol and 12 out of 14 eggs hatched perfectly and all fed like monsters..i think for the kingsnakes and milksnakes it goes without saying really..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts