Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My corn mated on the 13 March and I looked in the moist hide today and she is in there with a few eggs, roughly 6. The egs are tiny as she is only about 21months old. As she is only 21 months old I a quite worried she may become egg bound, so will I be able to uncover the moss to check up on her or should I leave her be, if so for how long?

Thanks brad

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
leave her for a few hours and see if you can see without disturbing her.
then if you are worried have a peek but if she isnt finished leave her, she seems to be doing ok at the moment.
Dawn

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
leave her be untill tomorrow as if you disturb her it may cause her to stop laying and retain the eggs ...give her a good check over when you are sure she has finished

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok but I havent seen her roaming around in her viv for about 2 days so she might of been laying eggs all that time...... I'll leave her til tomorow and check up on her. If she has finished, shall I offer her food as she hasnt eaten for over a month?

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
They normally settle in the lay box a day or two before laying but if they have been there a few days they will probably be no good, have you checked her yet and is she ok and are the eggs ok?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts