Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ive had my snake for three weeks. I fed him on the first Tuesday, ate a pinkie no probs, then went to feed the following monday wouldn't take it tried for a couple of days, then realised that eyes were clouding so left alone. He finally shed Sunday and hasn't eaten since. this means its been over two weeks since he last fed. He just doesnt seem interested at all in the pinkies that i am putting in the viv, I cut the last one I put in so it would smell more to try and get him interested but this hasn't worked. I dont know how old he/she is but is about 15 inches long. any sugestions

·
Registered
373 Posts
sounds meen but try irritating the snake with the pinkie so it skinke feeds, doesnt alway's work but has worked for me in the past, also if you have a hamster or girbil ect try putting the pinkie in the cage so it smells like them then try this occasionaly works because it is something different. hope this helps :D :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried to get him to strike, but with no luck. The only ime he did feed, I had to put the pinky on top of him, and leave him to it.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
when i first got my corn i had to warm the pinky in warm water first or he wouldnt take it, sometimes they like to left in private, try leaving it in the viv and leaving the snake to it, if its still there in a few hours take it out as they stink, and you'll get bacteria.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What type of snake is it? Are you handling it,are the temps ok? Sometimes they just need a little time to settle in but check out the last two questions because thats what usually stops them eating.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
have you tried putting the snake into a small tub with the pinky and leaving it in a warm dark place this worked with some of the snakes when i worked in a pet shop :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
bazza_2005 said:
have you tried putting the snake into a small tub with the pinky and leaving it in a warm dark place this worked with some of the snakes when i worked in a pet shop :D
we have to do that with 1 of our corns, put it in a tub then wrap it up in a tshirt or something to make it nice and dark and set it on the edge of the heat mat for about 30 mins and the pinky is usually gone when we go back to check

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tried putting him in a small tub inside the viv today, left him there all day no luck, still hasn't eaten. I'm thinking about leaving him for a few days before I try feeding him again, and will try the tub agian then, what do you think.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks mark, no hes just shed, and that is exactly what he lives in, it has two hides one at the warm end one at the cool and a water bowl.

·
Registered
316 Posts
is the temp ok?
have you tried feeding him in the evening/different times of day?
Or "braining" the pinkie?? (gross but sometimes works) or putting him in a brown paper bag with the pinkie in inside the viv(similar to bazza's idea),
Good luck,
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts