Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what sort of price amber corn snake hatchlings go for.. I have no idea what to be asking.. what will a private individual pay for one on average... and what's the wholesale price on them for selling to shops if anyone who breeds them knows?

Nigel perhaps? :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i have mine at 55, i guess you could go a little lower.
you got a few to go them?>

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not hatched yet.. 22 eggs in the incubator, and she's big enough to give me a second clutch in 4 months or so.

The wholesaler i've been selling everything to the last few years will only give £30 for amber or butter :roll: so I think this year I'm going to try and sell things individually and see how it goes.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I sold my Amber female hatchling for £50

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Our local shop is selling them for £60 :lol:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I got mine in 2005 for £45 but that was from a private breeder. One of my local shops has them in for £69.99 but then again he has them up as butters!! Told him and he said he does not really know his corn snakes but he trusts the guy thats sold him them.
Gonna take my butters and ambers round and show him the difference

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
tazzyasb said:
I got mine in 2005 for £45 but that was from a private breeder. One of my local shops has them in for £69.99 but then again he has them up as butters!! Told him and he said he does not really know his corn snakes but he trusts the guy thats sold him them.
Gonna take my butters and ambers round and show him the difference
i can guess that shop :lol: :lol:

i got mine in july and it cost £45

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi i am looking to re home any hatchling or good tempered snakes as i go around my local schools and play groups showing the children and learning them different thing about snakes, i have a northern pine snake and a royal python that i take but i would like to have a hatchling to show them baby snakes as the grow. i would be greatful if us could get back to me with any rehoming centers. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Athravan said:
Not hatched yet.. 22 eggs in the incubator, and she's big enough to give me a second clutch in 4 months or so.

The wholesaler i've been selling everything to the last few years will only give £30 for amber or butter :roll: so I think this year I'm going to try and sell things individually and see how it goes.
eggs already? bloody hell lol, you like to get ahead of things eh :lol:

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The one pair I kept together to see if they would give me some christmas eggs, only bred them early spring last year and then fed the female up.

Gave up on the whole winter cooling thing last year after so many years of trying to perfect it, and have to say, they're still breeding just fine and fatter and healthier females for it.

Anyway was hoping they'd give me some pre-christmas hatchlings as she was well above weight, I managed to mistime it though as usual! The rest are seperated and will be in the spring/summer as normal :D

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Ambers

Hi

I saw that you will have some ambers for sale soon.
Please let me know when you do as I am very interested,
would probably take several pairs if thats ok

regards

John

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
i got mine last year for £30

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
thats good either way..
i have asold a few at £55, thats due to the quality and the fact that they are a bit bigger than hatchlings now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that the price really depends on where you look, in pets classifieds i have seen them for £25 and in shops i have seen them for £65.

Danny

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
cheapest i have seen was `17 quid.. and i still didnt buy them

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have no Idea what the best selling price is, but when you have your hatchlings, it looks like you will be able to sell them without any probs hope all goes well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts