Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
just whent to check on my corn snake and shes regurgated all of her last feed has not been handled or distubed in any way any ideas? wat should i do?
dan
ps i no not to feed for 14 days is this rite?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ye thsts right,dont feed for 10 to 14 days n feed smaller food,,,check your temps are ok,,,too cold can be a cause,but also too hot can be a cause,,,,hope she gets well soon for you :wink:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Another thing you could do is get some grapefruit seed extract from a health shop,n put i little drop in her water,,this helps there stomachs recover.but make sure it is not too bitter,taste a little in a glass first then put it in for her.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chears
dan

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rite ive checked the temps and there at 75-80 do u think this is y i have just changed her buld for a cooler one
thanks very much dan

·
Registered
213 Posts
Warm end should be 85F, maybe that's why it regurged.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shes got a hot spot of 85 herr fave spot and has never regurged before and shes been in that viv for almost a year now i havent changed the food for a wile so i dont see wat it could be
dan
thanks for ur help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sometimes it just happens.

Try again in 10 days and I reckon you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
how old is the snake?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It takes a lot out of the snake and causes the snake to lose a lot of its digestive enzymes as well as contributing to dehydration.
This is why you need to wait to feed him again; if he doesn't have the stomach juices to digest well, he will likely regurge again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, regurge/refusals only...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you i got er for christmas last year and she was a hachling not big at all
dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts