Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do a male and female corn snake have to be weigh to breed them as I need info on age weight exectra

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you need to ask something like that then no way are you ready to start breeding...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Fair enough. Please do look into it thoroughly, and if you decide to go ahead think of how/where you will sell the hatchlings. There are a lot of unwanted corns around these days.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I know...you got your help...you don't have to be rude to someone who clearly made a joke...
i did have a bit of a go at him in the post after tbf. u must have missed that lol

I just cant help but think if someone is incapable of, or too lazy to find out for themselves something so fundamental, that is readily available on the internet, then they are incapable of, or too lazy to properly care for an animal, let alone breed them!

·
Full Time Mother of Fourteen.
5,577 Posts
i did have a bit of a go at him in the post after tbf. u must have missed that lol

I just cant help but think if someone is incapable of, or too lazy to find out for themselves something so fundamental, that is readily available on the internet, then they are incapable of, or too lazy to properly care for an animal, let alone breed them!

No, I saw it...

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
I asked for help cause I read loads of different sites and don't know which one to believe
You have to remember that what you read on care sheets, forums, books etc are simply the personal views of the author. When researching any species you need to look at as many different sources as you can. You will find that some parts of reproductive husbandry are the same in most guides - those are the details to use, ignore the rest. For example, many say that they have to be 3 years old. Yet more often than not, if they have been fed properly while growing, they will be mature at 2 years old.

I think though that what was being pointed out is that you can easily find this sort of information yourself. Corns are the most commonly bred species of snake, and the species bred for the longest period of time, in captivity and so their requirements are now very well known and easily found in any source of information. If you were talking about a species very rarely kept then using a forum to ask for help on how to breed them is one thing, but using it to ask how to breed a corn is, to many on here, a bit much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well can u tell me the age of my corns the male is 2ft and the female is 3ft
Im confused ... do you not know there age roughly ?
Like said above take in to consiserstion size weight and age and of course you will need to set up an incubator and then multiple tubs water bowls and heating for when they hatch.
Corns are hard to sell even the higher end morphs, I ended up giving away half my corns I hatched to friends after 6 months trying to sell them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.