Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the cool down peroid esential for breeding corn snakes? if so what does it do?

cheers

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Never cooled mine and they bred no problems for the last 3 years. (resting them this year). I think corns are so 'domesticated' now that they dont need brumating.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you say i have missed the breeding season or is now a good time to start? any advise for breeding, as its my first time? also when in the year should i not breed?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
not essential at all mate.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Just out of interest Nige when do you put yours together and for how long do you leave them together.

Also as my candy male is such a stud could I put him with both my RO and Candy females. :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
welllll, it can be done anytime now really, once the female has shed, although i would find out when that candy laid before you try her.
as for using him on others, yeh should be fine

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Cheers nige, I dont think Daz breed her so will check with Dawn, she is a bit underweight at the min anyway, but my RO might be woorth a shot just wait for next shed.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers you guys, i will keep u posted once i have bred them

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
fazer600sy said:
Cheers nige, I dont think Daz breed her so will check with Dawn, she is a bit underweight at the min anyway, but my RO might be woorth a shot just wait for next shed.
i leave them for about a week by the way.

if shes not upto it mate, my fat bitch will be.. saying that, it might make more sense to put her to an ultramel, although he might not be able to handle her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts