Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my corn snake's are 4 months old male and female as soon as my male is sexually moture will have sex with the female even when she isn't sexually moture and when does na male turn sexually moture should i take him out one he is

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
hi my corn snake's are 4 months old male and female as soon as my male is sexually moture will have sex with the female even when she isn't sexually moture and when does na male turn sexually moture should i take him out one he is
Your male could start being interested in "the opposite sex" next spring. Yeah, he'll be young, but it's still quite possible for an eight-month-old male to TRY to mate. The smallest/youngest I've heard of a male mating is eight to twelve months old, and less than a hundred grams in weight.

He won't care that your female is also only eight months old and thus a minimum of ten and preferably sixteen to twenty months away from breeding safely. All he will care about is "I smell female, female can't get away, I will mate the female."

You should really consider splitting them up before the new year.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
To avoid your corns breeding too early keep them in different tanks now. Then when they are 3 years old put them together. That gives you nearly 3 years to read up on corn snake breeding and learn how to spell so that you can communicate with us so that we are better able to help you in the future!

·
Registered
377 Posts
To avoid your corns breeding too early keep them in different tanks now. Then when they are 3 years old put them together. That gives you nearly 3 years to read up on corn snake breeding and learn how to spell so that you can communicate with us so that we are better able to help you in the future!
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Perfectly put Sue! :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts