Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Over the last few months i've been having difficulty with my snake sid taking his food.

When i first had him he would eat out of his tank in his feeding box. when i tried to move him onto baby rats his appetite seemed to disappear. Even when i tried to move him back to a few pinkies at a time he wouldn't eat properly; i would have to leave them with him over night and he would usually only take one. If i ever caught him eating he wouldn't even strike at the food, he would just slither up to it and open his mouth for it.

I have just got some large black mice from a different pet shop as a test and decided to feed one to him once i got back from the shop. As usual i placed the mouse on top of his tank so it could thaw out properly, i then dropped the mice into his tank as this was the only way he was feeding, WOOHOO he striked at the mouse and constricted around it. This was the first time i've seen him do this in a good few months.

I know not to be over excited as it could have been a one off but im going to try him again in 5 days time to see if he's going to keep up the show.

Anyways, I thort I would post a few pictures of him from hen he was a young-un right up until now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
nice snake and maybe you have turned the corner with the eating we used to have a corn who sometimes would strike and constrict her pinkies or fluffies and other times she would just slide up to them open her mouth and eat.....

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Congrats on getting her eating again. Nice snake and great pics.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Lovely snake, nice vibrant colours

Glad its feeding again :no1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts