Reptile Forums banner

Corn snake eggs

660 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Sammy211991 
#1 ·
Hi all, my corn snake has just laid eggs, this is the first time and I am a little worried, I have themy in a pit of hatch rite and I am keeping them at 80 degrees f but they look like they have shrivelled and they have hardened a little is this normal? I have a picture of them that I have just taken, I just have no idea what I am doing, if I am honest I wasn't expecting this at all. It was all a bit of a shock, I haven't ever written on one of these forums before I just didn't know who else to ask about it, thank you in advance for any help that you can give me

#2 ·
I'll take this at face value, as this forum seem to attract lots of "troll" type posts on a Sunday morning - but lets give you the benefit of the doubt

Let us have more info:

Age of the snake
Have you been trying to breed it with a male (do you keep a pair together at all times or have you been trying to breed them deliberately ?)

Pictures will help to identify if the eggs are viable.

If they are viable then it sounds like the humidity is too low (I had the same issue with python eggs last year and lost all but one of the 7 eggs)

#4 ·
I wasn't teying to breed them they just live together,
:banghead:

There's your problem... co-habiting a pair of snake and you wonder why you are now presented with eggs.., which will more than likely be fertile.

You need to get another viv, and set this up with all the required heating etc and separate the snakes, otherwise there is a good chance of a second clutch later on, which won't be good for the female.

To upload pictures, ad them to an album in your profile and then just link to them in the post. Alternatively upload to a photo store site like photobucket and then link to that location using the image tag..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.