Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread a bit ago about a corn hanging itself in a rub in the rim at the top, wanted to show someone, can anyone find it as i cant !

amy x

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Id like to see this too. I use RUB's for 3 out of my 4 snakes and it is something that worries me. I wonder how much this gets passed around yet i have never spoken to anyone this has happened too......... yet

I was just saying that to dave, thats why i put a second lid under my rub lids, made of backing board, just incase, plus its easier to wipe clean:no1:

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
a few people asked about what i'd done to my boxes, so heres a couple of cr*ppy pics:lol2:

ok heres a rub before the mod)see the gap round the outside)

and after, making a flush finish

and what a lid looks like, you can stick it in but mine are just push tight

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I saw that about the corn snake - what worries me is my IJ's can actually fit in those gaps and sleep up there!! I worry if they get bigger, don't fit and get their noggins stuck! What did you use to get the lid to fit flush?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
found it - Really Useful Boxes - Livefood UK Forum

Captain caveman how to you secure the backing board to the lid ?

i dont:lol2:, some are just tight fits, but many are like a second lid, which actually makes it easier to close when you got a snake that doesn't want to go back in, put the wood across first(slide it), then the other over the top

I didn't want to fix it because i didn't know how long they would last, but they are still perfect:no1:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i dont:lol2:, some are just tight fits, but many are like a second lid, which actually makes it easier to close when you got a snake that doesn't want to go back in, put the wood across first(slide it), then the other over the top

I didn't want to fix it because i didn't know how long they would last, but they are still perfect:no1:
you are very wise Sir :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts