Reptile Forums banner

Corn Snake Names?

7K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  AnimalLucas 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have no idea what to call my snake that I will be getting for my birthday :2thumb:

Any ideas? :lol2:

#2 ·
Try think of a theme and go through them.

Sci Fi / Disney / Places / Film Characters / Singers / Greek Mythology etc etc etc

:2thumb:

#14 ·
I had a fish called Bala which means 'young' and its kind of a unisex name. : victory:

Kai/Kye, Chi, Echo etc etc ones that you can give to both sexes without them sounding stupid.

#15 ·
My Corn is called, Hendrix, though I have no idea what sex it is, lol. My Mrs came up with the name.

My son's gecko is called, Leonard from the Big Bang Theory, this was after my daughter called her hamster Penny. My dogs are called, Obi, Merlin and Jed and my Mrs rabbit is called, Agatha.

Basically what i'm saying is, anything goes. If you like the name, go with it.

Reactions: Dragonoak
#19 ·
Sometimes a name will just pop into your head when you meet the snake. I was all set to call Piper Dallas but when I met her it just didn't suit her. She suits Piper I think. :2thumb:

#21 ·
Yeah that's what happened to my tortoise : victory:

#20 ·
I called Chester after a character from a book that a friend wrote, I had 'a feeling' he was male and went with it. :lol2: Roma and Ember just looked like their names (Roma because she looks like a Rome flag, Ember because she's black and orange), Sir Hiss was named after the snake in Robin Hood, Ace was named because he looks like a spade (Ace of Spades, unintentional but stuck), Kane is a hoggie and his name means 'little battler' and Eden just kind of stuck with the biblical hoggie theme (even if Cain was spelt differently).

#22 ·
I did initially try to start a theme with my corns, but when I handled my first hatchling (and bought her STRAIGHT away :flrt:) that went straight out of the window. She ended up with "Fluffy" as she's as cute as a button and melts you up! My 3 year old adult male is as soft as butter and puppy-dog tame. He's my BFF, but I think he's either slightly mentally challenged or super-horny- and was "Timmy" from the moment he emerged from the pillowcase. Our last corn, 2 year old female, is a nosy git and is always watching you- and not discreetly, a 1foot 'periscope' pin-pointing your every move. You leave that viv unlocked and she's out, previous owners lost her twice, she's "Dora".

Basically, long winded way of saying, go with what suits, and don't settle on a name till you meet him or her... and finally enjoy it!

#25 ·
I always think to myself NOT to name my animals after the species name, like Barry the Bullsnake or whatever... but I end up naming them similar to the scienftific name by mistake... o_O

Other time I just look them in the eye and say a bunch of names until something works. Good tactic for snakes, but lizards get confused.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.