Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own two corn snakes, one of which is feeding readily whilst the other appears to have gone off her food. The snake in question is a female corn of about 5 years of age. Its been nearly a month now since she's accepted food and I've tried varying mice temperature, colour and dropping the size offered. Whilst I've been attempting to breed her with a male I own for quite some time unsuccessfully I doubt the cause of this is the fact she's gravid as there has been no evident weight gain. However, she is in the shedding phase, probably due to shed in the next couple of days. Whilst there has also not been any visible weight loss, the elongated period of time without feeding is starting to worry me, any suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I currently own two corn snakes, one of which is feeding readily whilst the other appears to have gone off her food. The snake in question is a female corn of about 5 years of age. Its been nearly a month now since she's accepted food and I've tried varying mice temperature, colour and dropping the size offered. Whilst I've been attempting to breed her with a male I own for quite some time unsuccessfully I doubt the cause of this is the fact she's gravid as there has been no evident weight gain. However, she is in the shedding phase, probably due to shed in the next couple of days. Whilst there has also not been any visible weight loss, the elongated period of time without feeding is starting to worry me, any suggestions would be much appreciated!
could be fasting for winter maybe.... one of my males did it end of last year and missed about a month but has taken the last 2 week and he did the same year before, wait until shed and try agian but if she has been with a male there is the chance she is gravid but dont know much about that part

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be fasting for winter maybe.... one of my males did it end of last year and missed about a month but has taken the last 2 week and he did the same year before, wait until shed and try agian but if she has been with a male there is the chance she is gravid but dont know much about that part
Thanks! Now shes shed shes accepted a smaller than usual mouse without a problem, strange though as this winter hasn't been very severe.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Just time of year ive a cali king that hasnt fed for a month and a pine that has missed a feed i wouldnt be bothered unless its been over 3 months or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts