1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to buying snakes from Hamm some of my current ones have got to go

Corn snakes.
2006 Charcoal female £60
2005 Amel zig-zag female (will breed next year if pushed) £40
2005 Butter male (big lad, will breed next year) £90

Non Corns
2005 Granite royal python male (absolutely stunning, visually a good granite and is from proven Granite line so its all there to make more.) Not 100% sure what to put as a price but offers of around £1200 is what I’m looking for, but will listen to sensible offers.
2004 Paraguayan Rainbow boa male (stunning and rare snake, not often seen over here, will make excellent breeder next year) £100

I can be contacted by phone or email and viewing can be arranged as long as the interest is truthful, pictures can also be sent.

All snakes feeding on defrost mice/rats of the appropriate size.

Located in Norfolk, can meet 1/2 way if reasonable or deliver possible after next monday but petrol charge will be made, will not courier.

Phone: 01328 878989 or 07747 548375
Email: [email protected]

cheers

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya
Yes I will get some on now, the current ones I have are out of date really.
Expect to see some in about 5 minutes time
cheers

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pics.
Few things I should add:
1. Deposit will be required to hold him for anyone that wants him.
2. He is feeding on large adult mice every 5-7 days with no problems.
3. Colours on photos are almost exact, slight flash brightness.
4. He is due for a shed soon so looks a tad milky, dorsal stripe is ususally a golden yellow.

Do not hesitate to ask for more info.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I wished I lived closer :(

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oldelpaso said:
That was quick, thanks for that :)

Just reread your first post though, thought it said £120 originally... Is that right..?
Nope £1200 ono, considering there is a female for sale for £2000 then this is fairly reasonable.
I will take swaps though or part exchanges so let me know what you have if your interested.
cheers

·
Registered
641 Posts
Oh... :?

Is it that much because of the spots on the sides that I've circled in red?

That's what makes it a granite right??

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that is correct, other features are increased white up the sides and the brown head that is different to the rest of the bodys dark colours, its hard to show them in a pic when the snake is coming to shed.
For the "granite" pattern he is not the best, but he is good for what is available in the UK. The granite gene is a dominant gene so is easily produced in the next generation.
The best granites are currently located in america, infact the only one ive seen like him for quality in the UK is the £2000 female that is for sale currently.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i know notmuch about royal morphs mike, but they dont look that similar to me... other than i wouldnt pay more than 30 quid for any of them :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
is it not a genetic thing? thats just a question, as i dont know

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If that pair were genetic granites, like my young man, then yes I would pair them up with him and produce myself some lovely genetic granites.
If they are not known to be genetic granites then its still worth it as they could turn out to be genetic granites.
A granite male, 2005, bred by ralph davis reptiles in america is currently for sale for $10000 (roughly £5000), that shows the potential and value of this morph if exploited fully.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i dont think any of those look like olis' one though mike.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I think the nicest thing about the animal for sale is the striping across the top - not the speckling. I assume this is a trait of the granites? I am not into royals at all so excuse the ignorance :roll:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PendleHog said:
I think the nicest thing about the animal for sale is the striping across the top - not the speckling. I assume this is a trait of the granites? I am not into royals at all so excuse the ignorance :roll:
No ignorance reall, just a decent question.
Striping occurs in royals sometimes, even though in this case and many other cases it isnt genetic.
The only genetic stripes are genetic stripes and pin stripe royals.
The genetic trait in my snake is Granite.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
me too babe, thats my fav part lol

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
again it all depends on the parents and the genetics of it, thats why we have the heterozygous gene, you may not see it but its still there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts