Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i keep lizards but i want a corn snake are they easy to keep and what type setups do they require e.g. u.v lighting , heat bulbs ,what type substrate ect ect... and are they ok for handling and basicly info on them i have googled but havnt really found much

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
was going to put up a list of things, but after scarlettvegetable's reply i'm not going to bother. :D

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
matt020593 said:
hi all i keep lizards but i want a corn snake are they easy to keep and what type setups do they require e.g. u.v lighting , heat bulbs ,what type substrate ect ect... and are they ok for handling and basicly info on them i have googled but havnt really found much
Sorry, but how can you not have found much? just type in "Corn snake care sheet" you'll find God knows how many results. Also on the forum theres a "care sheet" section, with a corn snake sheet linked...

But in answer to you..

They don't require U.V lighting, they should be ok with the lighting you currently have in your room.
They can have heat mats which are best suggested.
substrate there are many, but for hatchlings it's suggested you keep them on newspaper or kitchen roll...

they are fine for handling just need time adjusting to being handled.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh have to be honest it should be quite easy..
theres plenty, but ask on here for anything u cant fins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.