Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think after a few weeks of my 2 corns being together they have at last started locking so hopefully should start seeing signs in my female in next few weeks so i have been told

on another note dose any 1 no what will get from a amel motley female and a anery motley het lavender het granite het blood red

·
Registered
35 Posts
on another note dose any 1 no what will get from a amel motley female and a anery motley het lavender het granite het blood red
depends on how high the gene is in its dominance, if ther parents were both pure colour morphs (loosly speaking), then chances are higher , atm i dont think proper research has been done on the dominance of colour traits yet ?
correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
i think after a few weeks of my 2 corns being together they have at last started locking so hopefully should start seeing signs in my female in next few weeks so i have been told

You will get all normal motleys het amel anery, possibly het lavender and blood red. By the way your anery motley is het lavender and bloodred, you don't need the granite in there as granite is anery bloodred so you're effectively say it twice. :)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
depends on how high the gene is in its dominance, if ther parents were both pure colour morphs (loosly speaking), then chances are higher , atm i dont think proper research has been done on the dominance of colour traits yet ?
correct me if im wrong

There is LOADS of info on genetic inheritance of colour in corn morphs. A brief google will lead to you to a number of corn snake based forums that can give you that info (wont link to them all here as the powers that be probably won't like it).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info the calc i just used online says i will get motley what i forgot to put on the list (i think)

also next year i will be breading my blood red with hets for lavender and some others what i have got written down but cant remember but what would u say would be the best male to mate her with to get a good variation of hatchings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts