Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I want to breed snakes and I was all for breeding corns and got all the info and have learnt a lot about them over the last year. i got myself a couple of nice corns and planed 2 breed them in a couple of years time when the females weight would be ideal. However, I have recently been looking at ball pythons and how to breed them. So my question is, what made you (the breeder) chose to breed the snakes you do? And to the breeders of both corns and ball pythons do you have a favourite? Also I’ve noticed ball pythons can be very expensive so do you have trouble selling on the hatchlings? I’ve never bred so in your opinion is there a ‘starter snake’ for breeders? I would appreciate your opinions on this lol so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I personally haven't bred my self yet but i have 6 royals/balls i plan on breeding soon but i personally chose them because they were just the snake i liked wasnt for any reason just i personally dont like corns just stay to thin for me but with royals there usually is a problem feeding so some people dont think they are an ideal begginer snake where as some people think they are just because they tend to be docile so what im trying to say is go with what you like the best and what you can afford

·
Registered
661 Posts
breed royals or ksbs i breed ksbs and there cool snakes and easy to breed

Just curious to why you would choose royals when you personally seem to have alot more corns then royals ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts