Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need some help with my cornsnake. He has recently started sitting on the day strip light in the top of his viv, he is over a year old so quite a big snake. Dont know if i need to put a guard round the light or shall i take it out as i dont want it to come away from the top of the viv and hurt him as we heard a crack the other day when he was sitting on top of the light.
2020-12-31 19.42.27-1.jpg

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I think you answered your own question really - either find a suitable guard, or remove it. If it's UV doing either will reduce the UV content (the latter more so :) )

·
Registered
139 Posts
just put a guard on. mine has a particular love for climbing on the lights too so i made a guard for it. i didnt like how restricting the off the shelf ones were so i made one with 6mm hole mesh. its small enough to stop him getting through but big enough that its minimal shading. though the commercial ones are better than having it breaking the light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your responses, I will be ordering a guard for the light. I didn't think he would venture up that high 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts