Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Well if you will cohabit hatchies..... :lol2: Nice for the corn to get it's own back once in a while! : victory:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Oh my goodness! Way to go little corn snake! :)

Reactions: Cheyenne

·
Registered
468 Posts
Haha, I saw this posted on Viperkeeps facebook a little while back, the guy who this happened too confirmed that he was able to rescue the King and so far both are fine~!

Although, I disagree with the reposters statement of Corns being snake eaters. I've only come across three cases of corns eating other snakes, hardly enough to deem them snake eaters :p

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
But cohabiting isn't the same as feeding a corn snake to a Cobra is it , really ?
I just presumed that they had both been fed at the same time and in the same viv/rub and the corn snake had finished his first and moved onto the tail end of the Cobra's mouse ...... and kept going .....

·
Registered
15,093 Posts
My first thought is why was someone live feeding?
I disagree with it unless it is a last resort and even then I don't like it, I know it was only a normal cornsnake but I still don't likt it.
King Cobra are snake eaters, im asuming that this individual isnt taking F/T yet and the Corn was so that it had a feed.

·
Banned
128 Posts
But cohabiting isn't the same as feeding a corn snake to a Cobra is it , really ?
I just presumed that they had both been fed at the same time and in the same viv/rub and the corn snake had finished his first and moved onto the tail end of the Cobra's mouse ...... and kept going .....
You're joking, right?

My first thought is why was someone live feeding?
I disagree with it unless it is a last resort and even then I don't like it, I know it was only a normal cornsnake but I still don't likt it.
Like said above, King Cobra's (Ophiophagus hannah) are naturally snake eaters.

The person whose snake it is, already has other Kings which have been converted to rodents. But as you can see this is a baby, and will take some while to convert over.

I don't see what there isn't to like, no different to someone having a difficult feeder and having to give it a live mouse. Just because it's a snake being fed doesn't make it wrong.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
:lol2: Glad they both survived, I love the bit at the bottom though 'Due to the owners monitoring, both snakes survived.'

So they 'monitored' it long enough to allow the corn to swallow so much of the cobra AND take a picture... good call :whistling2:

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
You're joking, right?

Like said above, King Cobra's (Ophiophagus hannah) are naturally snake eaters.

The person whose snake it is, already has other Kings which have been converted to rodents. But as you can see this is a baby, and will take some while to convert over.

I don't see what there isn't to like, no different to someone having a difficult feeder and having to give it a live mouse. Just because it's a snake being fed doesn't make it wrong.
What's your point ?

I was just thinking aloud , no reason to be snappy , just read it in context to previous post.

The 'cohabiting' bit was a reference to a previous poster who said something like " that's what happens if you cohabits two hatchlings .

I'd seen mention that the guy had fed the snake to his Cobra . I was just chewing the fat tbh.

I've heard reports of two snakes fed at the same time and one carries on eating the slower eaters meal then carries on swallowing the other snake. Simple as that .

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
I dont see any problem with cohabiting as long its done properly, doing it with hatchlings and different species is wrong you are looking for trouble :whistling2:

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks like the corn snake is eating a California king snake

·
Registered
15,093 Posts
i think they should have left the corn to it
what do you expect, leaving a LIVE snake in with it ?
livefeeding is irresponsible in most situations
Chances are the cornsnake would have died due to the venom in the King. King Cobra are snake eaters, this individual was most likely one that isnt taking F/T and so the cornsnake was offered to get it to at least eat something.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Apparently it all happened in a "blink of an eye".

Great monitoring skills.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:lol2: Glad they both survived, I love the bit at the bottom though 'Due to the owners monitoring, both snakes survived.'

So they 'monitored' it long enough to allow the corn to swallow so much of the cobra AND take a picture... good call :whistling2:
My thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Haha, I saw this posted on Viperkeeps facebook a little while back, the guy who this happened too confirmed that he was able to rescue the King and so far both are fine~!

Although, I disagree with the reposters statement of Corns being snake eaters. I've only come across three cases of corns eating other snakes, hardly enough to deem them snake eaters :p
It almost happened to me, put food in with the baby corns, about 20 minutes caught one of them with the back third of a sibling sticking out of its mouth

Chances are the cornsnake would have died due to the venom in the King.
Pretty sure you can't die from ingesting venom, poison is the one you die from.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Pretty sure you can't die from ingesting venom, poison is the one you die from.

venom and poison are the same thing just a different delivery system wether you get bite or eat the venom the result will be the same might take longer one from the other through

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.