Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my cornsnake now since the middle of July. He shed 10 days after i got him, and i started off feeding him 1 small mouse every 7 days. He is 82cm long and currently 202g.

He shed for the second time 3 weeks ago this weekend, and since then i have fed him 2 mice every 7 days. After his last shed i put him in his 3 foot viv. I increased his feeding as he seemed a little skinny when i got him as he was a rescue, and he always seemed to want more after the first mouse.

I looked at him today, and he is now getting ready to shed again already. His eyes have gone cloudy, and his skin is very dull.

My questions are- am i feeding him the right amount. (Although i am thinking about 2 mice on one feed and 1 on the next from now on). Also, is this common for them to shed so often, or is it down to the amount of food he has had recently?

All suggestions welcome. :D

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark. I checked his viv earlier and cant see any mites. He is his normal self still. He eats small mice that are no thicker than the widest point of his body. But your right, he does still seem a little skinny to me, so i will probably carry on with 2 a week. Just got some digital scales the other day, so i can keep a closer eye on his weight. :D

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Mark. Will carry on as before then, and see when his next shed is after this one. Although it took 4 attempts to weigh him! lol My Royal wasn't having any of it either. :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts