Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a pair of Corsac foxes, currently located in germany however we will be collecting them in March.

They have had Rabies vaccinations, and will be micro chipped by the vet next week to complete their pet passports.

£1800 the pair,

First come first serve

please PM for further details.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt say that on the website, but they come under the same pet passport as dogs.

If you email Defra or ring them in the morning im sure they will be more than happy to fill you in.

Foxes wouldnt normally be allowed in for the exact same reasons as dogs, the fact they arent acommon species has no relevance. (unless they were CITES listed)

The Passport requires that the animals have had a rabies vaccination, then a blood test of rabies anti bodies has to be taken and also the animal has to be micro-chipped.

Once an animal has a pet passport it can be moved between EU countries.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
They need to be microchipped BEFORE they have the rabies vaccs and blood tests or the passport will be invalid and you'll have to start over again with the 6 month "quarentine". They are so strict about the order this all has to be done.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Foxes wouldnt normally be allowed in for the exact same reasons as dogs, the fact they arent a common species has no relevance. (unless they were CITES listed)
Dangerous wild animals wouldnt be allowed obviously, but may i ask is wolves and hyeanas not being allowed to be brought into the UK under pet passport relevant to the thread what so ever?

To be honest i would have thought it'd would be obvious that DWA species arent going to come under a "Pet" passport. Hence i didnt mention it in my first reply.

Myjb23 is correct, has to be done in that order (just read up on it), the breeder we are getting them from has done it many times before as they sell their animals to people located in other countries in europe also.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Members of the Vulpes family cannot obtain a pet passport.... (I looked into it as I wanted to take Harry and Elspeth to visit my sister in Paris).

I am however interested.
How old are they? Which rabies shot did they have (if not avian they can contract rabies from the injection.)?
Are they tame?

-
Elina

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Dangerous wild animals wouldnt be allowed obviously, but may i ask is wolves and hyeanas not being allowed to be brought into the UK under pet passport relevant to the thread what so ever?

To be honest i would have thought it'd would be obvious that DWA species arent going to come under a "Pet" passport. Hence i didnt mention it in my first reply.

Myjb23 is correct, has to be done in that order (just read up on it), the breeder we are getting them from has done it many times before as they sell their animals to people located in other countries in europe also.
People not interested in buying should NOT reply a FOR SALE thread, if you have issues or concerns surely you should just pm the OP direct??

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
People not interested in buying should NOT reply a FOR SALE thread, if you have issues or concerns surely you should just pm the OP direct??

I've see you make comments on peoples for sale threads just trying to pick fault with them before... Pot, kettle, black.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts

They are the OP? They should chat with themselves then.

But as it goes. Legally speaking, they don't seem to have the correct knowledge and I don't think anyone with a brain will want to touch illegal animals as when caught out they pts said animal aswell as fining the owner.

Microchipping down after Rabis shot? Which is illegal for a start.
Microchipping is done at the start, then the Rabis jab so that each animal can be identified as truely being that animal that has been done.

They will need to have Rabis jab done, wait six months, have blood test done and then and only then, if cleared, they can get petpassport if the type of animal is actually listed.

I'd hate to think of them being smuggled over or coming over on fruadulant papers. New owners would be in for some hefty court cases and fines and all would result in them taking the animal and it more than likely being distroyed.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
you misunderstand me, I'm not saying DON'T question the OP, just don't do it on FOR SALE threads, pm the OP with your concerns. I've had (and seen) lots of FOR SALE threads clogged up with pages upon pages of discussion, surely this should be left to other sections of the forum and this section should be for sales only??

PS I do actually have a brain :whistling2:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
PLEASE NOT I AM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE BUT POTENTIAL PURCHASERS NEED TO BE AWARE OF THIS.

corsac foxes WILL NOT be allowed a pet passport

they would have to be quaretined HERE for 6 months in a DEFRA approved licensed premisis that would be willing to take foxes.

I have imported and exported many dogs in the past to/from Europe, South Africa and China.

Also very recently I looked into getting corsac foxes and I contacted DEFRE direct to find out about bringing them into this country and the above information is what they told me.

Please feel free to contact DEFRA on 08459335577 to confirm anything I have said.

The foxes on this thread wither do not exsist and its just someone either scamming or someone bored/trying to show off, or they are real and are being imprted illegally.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
you misunderstand me, I'm not saying DON'T question the OP, just don't do it on FOR SALE threads, pm the OP with your concerns. I've had (and seen) lots of FOR SALE threads clogged up with pages upon pages of discussion, surely this should be left to other sections of the forum and this section should be for sales only??

PS I do actually have a brain :whistling2:

Sorry, But if it's an illegally imported animal and some people wanting them don't know the law and are stupid enough to believe that they can be pet passported in an illegal way, then Buyers should be made aware of the legal implications regarding this. Or it's the Death of the Foxes or any other illegally imported animals.

PLEASE NOT I AM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE BUT POTENTIAL PURCHASERS NEED TO BE AWARE OF THIS.

corsac foxes WILL NOT be allowed a pet passport

they would have to be quaretined HERE for 6 months in a DEFRA approved licensed premisis that would be willing to take foxes.

I have imported and exported many dogs in the past to/from Europe, South Africa and China.

Also very recently I looked into getting corsac foxes and I contacted DEFRE direct to find out about bringing them into this country and the above information is what they told me.

Please feel free to contact DEFRA on 08459335577 to confirm anything I have said.

The foxes on this thread wither do not exsist and its just someone either scamming or someone bored/trying to show off, or they are real and are being imprted illegally.

Yup, Totally! People need to be fully aware and it seems that the 'seller/Broker' is totally unaware of the Law regarding them, which in turn gives credence to it being a scammer or being illegal imported!

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Elina, did PM us she just replied on here first... didnt see the pm bit.

The pet passports for "other animals" is not a generalised eu policy, it depends on individual countries policies.

We are looking into it, but our breeder has sent animals out all over europe with out any problems what so ever using this system, and thats with the pet passports being checked.

We are just waiting for a call back from defra tommorow, they have said they will email all call to let us know the details. Assuming something was wrong with the pet passports they have (i actually have photocopies of them on my emails) then the foxes will need quarantine obviosuly... Its nto a case or whether or not they can get pet passports... they already have these, its just a case of whether defra will allow those passports into the UK.

We are advertising the animals as available, we havent said how we are going to transport them or any further details. Those details such as if they will need quarantine will be discussed with genuinely interested parties, and we will come up with an arrangement that is both suitable for both parties.

Any further queries should be PM'ed to us and we will answer any questions you might have, at the end of the day we arent going to risk selling illegal animals on a public forum are we.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
at the end of the day we arent going to risk selling illegal animals on a public forum are we.
why not? you have already 'sold' DWA animals with no DWAL meaning you didn't breed them (hopefully) and no pet shop licence which you need to buy and sell on animals.

and if the buyer has to arrange their own shipping and quarantine what is the point of you? how can you think it is right to offer animals for sale when you have no clue as to how to obtain them? what do we pay you for?

You cant keep making out this is a witch hunt in order to stop the questions. Fact is you are either scamming or dealing illegally (or trying to).

Forum members should look out for each other and if they see something dodgy going on I can't see what is wrong with raising the issues for discussion.

Sorry it has to be here in Classifieds but this is where potential buyers will see and at least you get the chance to put us straight if we are wrong :whistling2:

LINK TO CAIMEN SOLD ON YOUR WEBSITE http://www.exotickeepersforum.co.uk/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=3292&mode=view

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Forum members should look out for each other and if they see something dodgy going on I can't see what is wrong with raising the issues for discussion.

Sorry it has to be here in Classifieds but this is where potential buyers will see and at least you get the chance to put us straight if we are wrong :whistling2:
I am really sorry, I didn't realise, I take back the comment about me having a brain!!

·
Registered
732 Posts

Totally agree :2thumb:

I like to know who I am thinking of buying off and was very interested in some of your animals for sale but things never appeared to add up on the threads.

You have stated in previous threads you are Balai ( hopefully spelt right ) registered if so you would be registered with Defra.
I contacted Defra to make sure that the animals you were saying were coming in under the Balai licence where legit and also to see if you were legit. They have no record of you whatsoever ?.

This is not accusatory just a fact from Defra.

Neil

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I was not interested in buying, just in all of the 'passports' and such.
I am, (with any luck) importing some animals from Germany and I have not heard of this 'Passport'....

I was also worried for the foxes, the wrong rabies jab can give them rabies as I said before. Also if they are to go into quarantine they do not require any jabs...

And I must admit I was worried for people who want these animals as the use of the term 'passport' with animals generally implies that they would not need to go into quarantine and thus a hidden cost may rear its ugly head.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
im really concerned that a guy who did not even know basic care of a sto a few months back now has major access to some very delicate animals and has to provide them with care (from collection to delivery to buyers) im also worried that the op made numerous posts in the past wanting a marmoset and when i questioned this saying surely he can get them from his own website (where they are advertised) he said he was looking for different types but then he replied and called many sellers selling common marms. And also just awhile ago the op posted pics of himself in college cutting up a rat and i hope im not being seen to be agest but the number of different animals he is getting in i would want them to be delt with by a experienced person to secure their health and a
safety and i dont think the op has this. I for one think this needs looking into by either the higher powers on the forum or some agency as i think if people concerns are not adresse shortly then some people could be very much out of pocket. yes classified is not the place to chat but we must look out for one another. As the seller is obviously trading animal i would be interested to see that he does have a pet shop licence, and also does defra have a record of this. many many threads have asked for some info like this and if you just supplied it then this would be over. Its a legal obligation.... I sell on ebay and know ebay shut you down if you do not have your trading adresse on at least your about me page.... now thats petty handmade items what your doing is big business so please provide this to stop the so called witch hunt. i know if it was me i would do it as would want to prove everyone wrong.

I would also say all buyers please protect yourself... if you have or plan to send money ask for some documents etc so back up what he is saying, check it all out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.