Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For want of a better word how do people who courier lizards 'package' them in the safest most comfortable way? Thanks

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
depends on the size of the rep..
most are put in a small box with some moss or damp tissue and then placed inside a polybox on top of a heatpack (24hr one) the poly box is then padded out so the inner box doesn't move and is held safely. air holes are made to let air in to polybox..reps should not be placed in a box too big as there is more room for them to get banged around and hurt..

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm hoping it will be for a 9month Iguana, bit worried tho as their tails are about 2-3 times the length of their body, how would i accommodate for that?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
hmm..i honestly do not know for iguanas! you might have to bag em rather than put em in a box (then put in polybox)....never had one shipped or even seen one shipped...at 9 months it's gonna be pretty big...sorry but i don't think i can help you on that one! maybe someone else can???

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently they are at 1 year on average:

Snout to Vent - 8-9inches
Snout to Tail - 20-27 inches :shock: lol

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
some are even bigger! like i said it may need to be bagged and then put in a BIG polybox which is really well padded...but it is a largish animal to ship and it may be slightly different..then again may not! just don't know! sure someone else may have an idea

·
Registered
475 Posts
Can you not use the reptile taxi? Probably as much if not cheaper than a courier. and at least you know the iggy will have travelled well :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts