Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if any of you have studied courses to do with reptiles. Im really interesed in getting to know more, as i would eventually like to own my own my own shop and breed my own reptiles. course titles and where you did them would be very helpful.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Its not strictly reptiles but I do Marine Biology at the University of Southampton and i;ve just finished a big unit of Marine reptiles. Really interesting!! Esp. seeing as Sea Turtles are my fav animals, and we did all about the Galapagos marine iguana and crocs and everything. Very cool

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
compass-education do a herptology and reptile keepers cousre.
also proteus reptile trust do courses.

·
Registered
368 Posts
loopy_laura said:
I just wanted to know if any of you have studied courses to do with reptiles. Im really interesed in getting to know more, as i would eventually like to own my own my own shop and breed my own reptiles. course titles and where you did them would be very helpful.
Thanks for your help
i am going on one of these course myself soon, check out the web address http://www.proteus.uk.net

·
Registered
43 Posts
Theres a couple of reptile based lessons a week on the national diploma in animal management. I started the course but left after a week when I learnt the majority of the course was about rabbits and mice.
I don't think it would be the best course to learn about herps though

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
at otley college in suffolk here is usually a herpotology course, it got cancelled this year as small numbers but may be up again next year

·
Registered
351 Posts
filfy said:
loopy_laura said:
Thanks for your help
i am going on one of these course myself soon, check out the web address http://www.proteus.uk.net
These courses look good and only take a weekend to complete. Would be interesting to hear how you get on.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i wouldn't go for the national diploma in animal care, the exotics course is very short. i did the course and it is mainly dogs and cats with a bit of farming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts