Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i crumbled and bought a little girl Crawl Cay and she is due to be delivered tomorrow!!

I was just wondering, my ambient temp in the room she will be kept in is around 20 degrees, will she be ok at night with this or should i pop a heat mat under there just to keep that temp up when her bulb goes out.

she will be in a glass viv just for quarentine and then transferred into our front room aka reptile house after the period is up in a wooden viv.

Thanks
Vicky: victory:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I would have thought you will need the heat mat, 20 is too cold for her overnight.

Good choice of snake. Ours is lovely : victory:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have thought you will need the heat mat, 20 is too cold for her overnight.

Good choice of snake. Ours is lovely : victory:
I thought as much with them being a tropical animal. I'll pop a heat mat under there for her. Our other room is roughly 23/24 degrees at night but has a heater in there too.

My o/h wanted a common boa but we dont have the room, so i got him a crawl cay for our 2 year anniversary!! Its an investment as we hope to breed in a few years time. Gotta find a male first though. Lol. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick addition. what temp should she be kept at at night, i cant find any info anywhere on night temps!! Frustrating!:bash:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
We let our night time temps drop to 26-28c and she seems happy. Bci care sheets cover CC's I believe.

They are lovely but can be snappy. Ours loves to burrow in her substrate or climb her logs but not a lot in between.

We hope to breed too.

Gaz off here sells them if you want a male in time :2thumb:

Put some pics up when you get her

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We let our night time temps drop to 26-28c and she seems happy. Bci care sheets cover CC's I believe.

They are lovely but can be snappy. Ours loves to burrow in her substrate or climb her logs but not a lot in between.

We hope to breed too.

Gaz off here sells them if you want a male in time :2thumb:

Put some pics up when you get her
The female i am getting is from Gaz. I'm used to snappy i have a nowty royal, he's chilling out as time goes on but is a nervous snake by nature. Cant wait. Ok cheers for your help.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, toasty warm she will be.
Cheers guys!:2thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts