Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen a number of people on here posting crazy things about reptiles living together like leos and cresties which is stupid and wrong but watch this: the second tank
Reptile Room Update! - YouTube

you see the reticulated python living with the crestie??:gasp::gasp:

i just dont know what to say

and then the next tank is an oscar fish with a gator and a turtle???

·
Registered
340 Posts
haha, this guy is a joke.... cant beleive people like him are allowed to keep animals.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
What I never understand is the justification behind it all. They always say "but they get on fine so it's no problem" however they didn't KNOW they would get on fine until they tried it! Sticking a prey sized crestie in with a retic is just pure stupidity regardless of whether it worked or not.

I saw something similar from an American guy keeping house geckos in with his snake. seems more common than I once thought. This same guys water dragon was tired and like to sleep in the bath (or as us sane people saw, it liked to float upside down motionless in the water).

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i does seem to be a common thing with amrican people but i cant put the blame all on them because im sure you all saw the man in london who fed the kitten to his snake:devil:

thats beyond sick

this might be a stupid question but does america have something like the RSPCA?
they seem to get away with all sorts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
what an idiot people like that should have them taken off them

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
We once had a guy who used to come into our fish shop. He'd been sold a 'cold water fish' couple years previously (not by us I might add lol )and put it into his goldfish tank with another baby goldfish. They grew up together fine, best of mates....

He brought us some pics......

Of his red bellied pirahna snuggled up with his goldfish.

Since he didnt heat the tank it was a middling temp for both of them really and they got along great. We did sort out the filtering and get the pirahna onto a proper diet. Lucky he'd been feeding them prawns and bloodworm as well as the fish food. Enough that the pirahna was a prime breeding quality fish at that.

We did find some really odd combinations of fish got along together if they had been brought up together. Since the pirahna was a shoaling fish, it must have presumed the goldfish was part of his shoal.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
We once had a guy who used to come into our fish shop. He'd been sold a 'cold water fish' couple years previously (not by us I might add lol )and put it into his goldfish tank with another baby goldfish. They grew up together fine, best of mates....

He brought us some pics......

Of his red bellied pirahna snuggled up with his goldfish.

Since he didnt heat the tank it was a middling temp for both of them really and they got along great. We did sort out the filtering and get the pirahna onto a proper diet. Lucky he'd been feeding them prawns and bloodworm as well as the fish food. Enough that the pirahna was a prime breeding quality fish at that.

We did find some really odd combinations of fish got along together if they had been brought up together. Since the pirahna was a shoaling fish, it must have presumed the goldfish was part of his shoal.
thats so cute, gives me all kinds of mental images of them snuggled up together!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I hate seeing things like this, if you question them then they will act like they know absoloutely everything about the animal and its needs, that much so you keep a rectic and crestie together?!?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
America is pride of place for genetics, but in my opinion i actually think when it comes to care and requirements they are lagging behind a little bit. Whilst not all american keepers are like this, the majority of those on YouTube are which is giving the good american keepers a bad name.

I did see once beardies in a glass tank with a pool at the bottom sharing it with a water dragon or basilisk (was hard to make out) 2 different animals, 2 different requirements needed and i got abuse from him poinitng out this issue by saying and i quote "you cant talk :censor:, you only keep bearded dragons. 1 has no foot and the other has no tail. Sort your :censor: animals out before mine"

·
Registered
24 Posts
:mad:

OMG i've just seen a load of videos on youtube and i am fuming.

not just americans do these stupid things, it seems people all over the world think its 'funny' to abuse their pets

check this out
Bosc Monitor bite - YouTube

what a nobhead. glad that people on youtube are disgusted with this behaviour too, reading the comments underneath!

·
Registered
222 Posts
OMG i've just seen a load of videos on youtube and i am fuming.

not just americans do these stupid things, it seems people all over the world think its 'funny' to abuse their pets

check this out
Bosc Monitor bite - YouTube

what a nobhead. glad that people on youtube are disgusted with this behaviour too, reading the comments underneath!
What a :censor:

Maybe he should try that with a Komodo dragon next....?

·
Registered
636 Posts
ive just tried to take a look again at the first vid and it has been removed by user it was there last week ,i posted on his comments any body else/may the power ov rfuk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts