Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone no why my CRB wont eat i cant figure it out i have two 1 of which feeds like a pig? the humidity/tempo ect is ok too. :smile:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
hi have you tried braining the mouse i always find that when mine go off a feed it helps if that doesn't/didnt work try a gerrbil they usually help how long since her last feed?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yer i have tried braining the mice but nothong works i have had it for a couple of month now its just a 06 hatchling, its housed in a large (deep) underbed tub, with sufficient lighting heating and humidity. im thinking i might need to force feed soon, but there has not been any dramatic weight loss or anything,

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i shouldn tink bout force feeding too soon, my corn often fasts, but it is worrying when they dont eat out of charictor, my hoggie ain ate since christmas, i'm worryed but been told not too....its one of those things that cant be helped

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yey well this friday i was feeding my animals and tried the CRB for a while and he eventually took it im so chuffed, then when i went to feed my other he took that one too (greedy git). thanks for your help everyoone appreciated :smile::smile::no1:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
yer i have tried braining the mice but nothong works i have had it for a couple of month now its just a 06 hatchling, its housed in a large (deep) underbed tub, with sufficient lighting heating and humidity. im thinking i might need to force feed soon, but there has not been any dramatic weight loss or anything,
I know you've sorted it out now, but wouldn't live feeding be an option before force feeding??

I'd rather feed live than force feed first.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont no weather i could do that to be hobest with you, :sick: but i suppose if it came down to it i probably could have done that first.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Darren, I have a CRB that is a bit of a funny eater. She does not strike at the food but what i do is inntroduce the food to the tank for a few minutes to get her to pick up the scent. Then i hold the rat/mouse by the head, using tongs, so that it's nose is in front of her. She then tends to smell the mouse for a while and push up against it. I hold the rat/mouse still while she does this. Sometimes she moves to the side so i move the rat/mouse with her to keep it in front of her, but not pushing it at her. After a while if exploring the rat/mouses snout, she will slowly open her mouth over it's head and pull the mouse away from me. She then starts to swallow. This works everytime for me. She very really strikes her food, maybe 1 in 10 feeds.

This wouldn't work if you snake moves away from the rat/mouse, just if it shows some interest in it.

It works for me, might be worth a try.

Duzzie

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what my other CRB usually does, i think that now shes had two mice she will be an okay eater from now on (hopfuly):no1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts