Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got my first crested gecko last week which is only 8 days old.

I have been told that he was feeding on cgd. How is the best way to tell he is eating it. he only comes out when the room is really dark so i put food in before i go to bed. I am really unsure if he eating it as since i got him 5 days ago i have not seen 1 poop.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we brought 5 of them not all for me we were told they were 5 weeks old. When we went to collect 1 had been swaped for the baby.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
ok well at 8days its really too young to sell, but hey its done now so thats just a bad reflection on the seller. most wouldnt let theirs go until theyre at least a month, mostly 2-3 months!

At 8 days its poos are going to be very small, and it is quite likely that you wont even see any lick marks in the CGD as its stomach is the size of 1/4 a pea! So dont panic if you dont see any evidence of it eating, if its alive in a week then you know it is eating. At 8days old, the move will have been very stressful, so it probably wont eat for a few days from bringing home while it gets used to everything.

For my hatchlings i keep them in a small standard faunarium, with kitchen paper substrate, some egg box is good, and i have some driftwood and tiny bendy vine. i use bottle caps for water and the really small bottle caps you get on small milkshake bottles (tesco do 3packs of chocolate milkshakes, own brand with the perfect lids!cheap too) for the CGD. give a little blob, too it wont eat it all but if you give it less it;ll dry out too fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts