Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Bit of background information. I've had my Crestie for about 10 years now so she's between 10 and 11 years old. There's no substrate in the viv apart from paper towel, there's 5 plastic plants and a vine in there with her.
(I don't believe they've had anything to do with it but thought it would be worthwhile listing) Milk top for her Pangea gecko diet and a water bowl.

She developed a build up of fluid on the outside of her eye (pictures attached at bottom, some aren't the best) about 4 weeks ago and it has been fluctuating in size (presumably filling and emptying). It feels like it's fluid as you can press it in (obviously not pushing too hard) and its not solid. Has been making a clicky-squelchy sound similar to our eyes when we rub them. I haven't been too worried about it as she's been acting as a perfectly healthy gecko, there's no lethargy or vision impairment (she was jumping about my hands and into my hair just fine and reacts to movement). She's been eating fine both with the gecko diet and locusts and pooing normally. She's even laid a couple of eggs during this time as well.

I've had a look online and there's not really anything that's been too helpful, from reading symptoms of various issues there's no other symptoms she is showing apart from I did see her scratching at them once but there wasn't anything visible bar the bumps she has. I've read a few times that people have said they should just go down eventually but was thinking its been a while and it's worthwhile getting others opinions.

Was just wondering if anyone's had similar problems or could shed some light on the situation. I've not taken her to vets as she's been acting fine and have been keeping an eye on her. Thanks.
Finger Fawn Lizard Terrestrial animal Rodent
Ear Gesture Snout Happy Close-up
Hand Plant Leg Gesture Finger
Ear Gesture Petal Finger Fawn

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Since taken a while I would get her checked at the vets.
Not worth leaving really since it’s been that long.
I have many cresties and not seen anything like this myself, but I’d of taken straight to a vet if it were me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since taken a while I would get her checked at the vets.
Not worth leaving really since it’s been that long.
I have many cresties and not seen anything like this myself, but I’d of taken straight to a vet if it were me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay thank you, I was definitely more leaning towards that now it's been a while, it had actually gone down a little as well, just without any other symptoms I've not wanted to stress her out with the trip if it would go down naturally but definitely thinking it might be the case!

Reactions: elishacoombes9

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree a vet visit is warranted. I've never seen this in a Crestie before, but something similar happened to our bearded dragon... Turned out she had tumors. Hopefully that's not the case as all reptiles are different.

I'd suggest not to touch it at all until you've taken her to the vet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts