Reptile Forums banner

crested gecko handling help

398 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  enricob2 
#1 ·
hi everyone i got my gecko 8 days ago he is 2 months old i was wondering if it is OK to start handling or stroking him and what technique could i use if so.
thanks Enrico:notworthy:

#2 ·
I'd leave it another week or so and then gently put your hand in and lift it out............just like I'm assuming you're doing to clean it out (?)

Once out, I'd sit down (to lessen the chance of it jumping from height to the floor) and let it run/jump up your arm and/or let it climb up your fingers by putting 1 hand on top of the other (like a finger-ladder!). Just keep it out for 2/3 minutes and then gently put it back.

Keep doing same thing over the following few days - it should soon settle and you'll find that 'playtime' increases gradually almost automatically

I'm sure other people will have more ideas but hope this helps xx

#3 ·
I tried this with Buffie and found that it's much harder to get them back in than it is to get them out! :lol2: Took me ages the other night, the little monkey! She's so small that she turns herself around and squirms her way out of my hand and back up my arm!:devil:

#5 ·
Splat is a good boy - he just hops back onto his vine! Buffie, however, prefers to pretend she's a ping pong ball, lol! Should've named her Ping I think!:lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.