Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I have a 2.5 year old crested gecko female, and I'm a college student. Twice a year I have to put her in the car and bring her to college or back from college and it's now time to bring her back to school. I was away for the summer, and she had to be in someone else's care and I was told that she was extremely unhappy on the car ride back, and she even lost her tail. I want to know if anyone has any advice for how to make a car ride a little less traumatic for her? She's otherwise very chill, but being in the small container just seems to make her really unhappy. I keep my car around 75 with the windows cracked so there's some air. Usually I put something around the container so she can't see, but I think the person transporting her did not do that. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
No gecko likes a car ride.
Just make sure there’s something to hide in or under, that’s what I do when couriering any of my Cresties and touch wood never had a problem with dropped tails etc.
That’s all you can do, you can’t make her enjoy it. Just try make her feel a bit secure by giving her hiding options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
I agree, Cresties hate car rides.

Make sure the Crestie has enough room to move about, but not high. And ideally something the sides that she can't see it of.

Like said above some place to hide too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was unhappy at first, but when she rides with me, I usually am playing music and singing. As soon as the radio came on, she settled under a leaf to sleep the ride away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.