Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im planning on getting a crested gecko for the first time and haven't got any pet shops that sell cresties. I've done all the research and have got the viv and decorations, all i need is to buy the plants. I would prefer to have real plants, if you know of any, i would like a reliable website where i could buy plants like broms that aren't toxic and a good website where i can buy a crestie. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Ermmmm... checked the clasified section on here? Probally about the best you'll find! lol

Besides that i dont sorry! Hopfully in the not too distant future ill have some up for sale on mine :D haha. But that wont be for a while.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got mine from Lily, would highly recommend. I looked around when i went to pick up and there's a lot of care and attention, and the right things being done.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lilly Exotics sell amazing cresties, great quality and there service is really good, i would highly recommend them, as regards to the live plants, im sure there is a post about which you can get, ill see if i can dig it out, then i would just go to your garden center, but be sure to check what they water the plants with and if the soil has additives, i hear that there are a few types of orchids which would look really nice in a viv and are good to climb on.

Zak

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yea I'm sure they'll be fine.. I've never seen any evidence of my cresties eating any of my plants.

You might want to research how big they grow though as some bromeliads get pretty big. I have some 'Aechmea fasciata' plants that are too big for my viv.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Hi,

As for plants, in the habitat section should be a list of safe live plants to use. I too would like to convert one of my setups to natural with UVB at some point.

As for crested geckos, you can check on the classifieds for anyone close to you and if you have any questions, most people who are advertising there are polite and will help.

Otherwise Lilyexotics is very good. Your gecko will turn up in a box from DHL or TNT I can't remember, and I was a little worried it would be stressed, but TBH, it was fine, eating the next day and apart from turning up a little chilly, I am very happy.

Good luck and any other questions, just fire on here, always someone willing to help :)

Jac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts