Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a few question about the temp of my crested geckos tank
i have seen a temp of 25.6°c what is the max temp they can go too the viv is an exo terra 12"x12"x18" i have one top canopy for the moon glow thats all but during the day the temp has read 25.6°c i read some where that over 26°c is harmfull but i also read that in there native country it gets too 32°c
so what is true ( they both seem fine but its not been too hot yet so want to fix before to late )
and if it too high how do i cool the viv down ??

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cresties

so meko you use i heater then ?
i know my tank is small 12x12x18 but till i know the sex of one of my gekos i will have too leave as is were on 4 months so should be soon i think

its just room temp no lights its gone too 27°c today 26°c is 80°f so not happy i will get a fan kit
i just can not put it any where else which is a problem its by the window which is not good but we have the curtain shut its just the room so warm
fan it is i just found a lucky reptile one will get that ( dam out of stock till Oct )
i did notice that the one i am sure is a girl ( lara )has been more active last two days normally she hides all the time

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cresties

that artical explains a lot to me and makes a lot more sense than the 26°c and not higher as naturally it can go to 32°c+ so i am happy and from what i have seem last few days they seem happier with a bit more warmth so will leave them as is till they are bigger and i know what is happening
thanks again : victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.