Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post, i have had a crested gecko for about 9 months now so he is at least this age. He weighs 10g and is fed CGD mixed with baby food, i am considering feeding live insects, will locusts do? I was wondering if he is too small and underweight for his age as he isnt very big, about 4-5 inches including tail.
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't know if he is low enough to be considered underweight but my crested gecko is slightly younger and weighs 19g. You should not feed your crested gecko baby food even mixed with CGD its bad for them and addictive. Yes I would suggest feeding some live food, my crestie loves chasing crickets ^^ they should be fed once or twice a week, about 6-8 each time (this might depend on size) and dusted in calcium. You shouldnt feed him anything bigger then the gap between the eyes. Hope this helps : victory:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I agree with the above , but all cresties grow at different rates especially if they aren't fed live bugs. As long as it doesn't look skinny and has plenty of energy I am sure it is fine. Can you post a picture.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all replies wernt expecting hardly any! I went to reptile shop today and bought him some small crickets, i put him in a plastic box with 4 crickets he ate 3 and didnt seem like he wanted the other one? so i weighed him then and he was 12g so has increased 2g since i last weighed him at 10g four days ago! im seeing this as good. They were all dusted aswell , i will try and take and upload a picture for you as soon as i can figure out how to upload it to computer:2thumb:
oh and roewammi i checked out your website-love marley the super dalmation!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You might want to wait a few days before weighing them - if you weigh yourself before and after a meal, the weights are obviously going to be different. Maybe wait until he poops then weigh him, it'll be a bit more accurate then. Sounds like a good start though :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
1 Male. 2 Female. 3 Unsexed :2thumb:

Glad to hear your little guy is eating his live-food and hopefully he will put on a few grams for you soon.
It is difficult to determine what weight a youngster should be at a certain age, but I'll be honest if he is 9 months old then 10 grams is on the smaller side, but I'm sure its nothing to worry about if he is eating and behaving 'normally'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ohh aha thanks well i have 0.1.0 (i think shes a female) and i have got some pictures now but how do i upload them to this thread/post? i have a few pictures of him in an album on profile if that helps :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.