Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You wait 6 months for one... then 4 beauties come along at once!!!

I went to see a lady last night and came away with 4 gorgeuos adult cresties. 3 females and 1 male. They're all a little on the lean side so they're going to be spoilt rotten and fattened up with some tasty foods!!! A couple of them seem to be showing slight signs of Ca deficiency, i wouldnt say MBD yet, just a slight waving in the tail (not kinked like ive been) but im going to be upping their calcium for a while to make sure they're in tip top shape.
Anyone got any tips about how to do that? ive herd of liquid calcium but never seen it for sale?
and 3 of them are showing signs of going into shed so i cant wait to see what they'll look like after!!! has anyone ever used those shedding aids and electrolyte boosters you can get btw? i was thinking of trying them out to get them settled in well.

my cameras out of battery right now but ill get pics soon but the male is a nice what i would call 'mocha' and cream flame with dal spots and a bit of furring, the females are a stunning pink/white (shes a beautiful pastel pink when not fired and then fires to salmon) bicolour dalmation, a really cute orange tiger with full fringing, great strucuture and horns and the last one is a dark olivey coloured flame also with white knee caps and fringing.

they're all really sweet and im definatly enjoying being a gecko mum at last.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
glad to hear you finally got some!!
got to love cresties..

as for the calcium just dust all the food really well with a pure calcim 2:0 and have some nice uv in there for them. it should sort it out...

wouldn't bother with liquid calcium is used when they have MBD rather than the early signs...just make sure you gutload all crickets well..

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
399 Posts
Glad you finally got your wee guys.I usually leave calcium in the tank at all times and dust their crickets as well and mix it through their baby food.Just a wee note on the male looking lean,when my guy is in with the females he goes right off his food and thinks of nothing but bonking so don't worry when you put them together if the male doesn't eat too much.Once my male is on his own he goes back to eating and puts the weight back on.Good luck with them :2thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts