Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
mine showed no signs!!!!

apart from the obviously... getting very very veryyy big!!! very round...

thats all..

mine has no sweating, no collapsing etc etc

i just check my inc about 10 times everyday!! lol
so the incubation times are between 60-90 days dependant on temp. mine are at 23c so i'm thinking about 75 days.
i've never dealt with eggs before so aparting from torching to check progress what are the other main signs of an imminent hatch? and approx size?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
how long is it untill they start to get bigger

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
you can also sometimes see stretch marks vertically on the eggs as they grow

I find some get noticably larger but others dont so much, so unless you weigh each egg when you 1st find it (which is risky if you might turn it) you can often not tell how much its grown. I recently had 2 enormous eggs, which were laid massive and got even bigger! ill post some pics some time its amazing! nice big babies when they hatched too!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
its odd actually now you mention it, bt the last one that hatched did have stretch type marks on it, but i thought it was a ''duff'' egg, maybeee not!! lol

you can also sometimes see stretch marks vertically on the eggs as they grow

I find some get noticably larger but others dont so much, so unless you weigh each egg when you 1st find it (which is risky if you might turn it) you can often not tell how much its grown. I recently had 2 enormous eggs, which were laid massive and got even bigger! ill post some pics some time its amazing! nice big babies when they hatched too!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Ours don't show any signs either, not like the beardie eggs which usually started sweating when they were due.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
no i agree Sarasin, never seen sweating! just the stretch marks

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Angie said she has seen hers moving. Must admit I have never witnessed that.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
well i wasnt going to say anything but...:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

lol just kidding i believe you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.