Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, as you probably know from my other threads I have been building my crestie enclosure, which I think is now ready :)

I need to order in some food prior to the arrival so I'm all set. I understand the need to allow the little guy a settling in period, say 2-3 weeks maybe?

Currently I think he's eating Clarks CGD, but I'm leaning more towards Pangea the more I read.

So question 1 is, would it be necessarily an issue to change the CGD, or is it always best to continue with what they are already eating?

Also, I do intend to offer crickets every now and then, during the settling period is it best to wait for the live food until I am happy the little dude is settled, and ALSO - which version of Pangea would go best with crickets (if I were to change over to Pangea of course)? There is a simple 'fruit mix' diet, and also the 'complete' diet. Confused.

Apologies for all the (probably newb) questions, just interested to hear what you lot do really. Also, while we're on the subject, I'd like to hear your feeding routines as well if possible - be as detailed as you like!

Cheers all, and thanks for the continued support and advice. I know this forum has quietened down a lot, but it is an invaluable resource for me, so keep it up :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Hey all, as you probably know from my other threads I have been building my crestie enclosure, which I think is now ready :)

I need to order in some food prior to the arrival so I'm all set. I understand the need to allow the little guy a settling in period, say 2-3 weeks maybe?

It'll vary on the crestie, some days, some weeks and others a month or more. I usually use whether they are eating regularly as an indicator on how settled they are : victory:

Currently I think he's eating Clarks CGD, but I'm leaning more towards Pangea the more I read.

So question 1 is, would it be necessarily an issue to change the CGD, or is it always best to continue with what they are already eating?

Not an issue IMO, may take time to take to it, though if they are eating well from one brand already then IMO its best to start there as one of the familiar foods to him.You can add Pangea to clarks or alternate nights as a CGD variety too....I use all 3 Pangea's, BPZ and Clarks for the CGD rotation side of life : victory:

Also, I do intend to offer crickets every now and then, during the settling period is it best to wait for the live food until I am happy the little dude is settled,

I usually hold off on live with new cresties until i'm seeing CGD being eaten, but that's my choice, there's no rule :)

and ALSO - which version of Pangea would go best with crickets (if I were to change over to Pangea of course)? There is a simple 'fruit mix' diet, and also the 'complete' diet. Confused.

You're after the completes, the fruit mix used to be added into older Repashy formulas and for those that regularly use well gut loaded and dusted live I believe. Though i still fully recommend a variety of foods even with the completes, I use various Lives, CGD's and blended fruits for mine : victory:

Apologies for all the (probably newb) questions, just interested to hear what you lot do really. Also, while we're on the subject, I'd like to hear your feeding routines as well if possible - be as detailed as you like!

You've already heard some of mine in regards to rotation, CGD is left in for 48hours and then replaced, Fruit is mixed in as and when same as live (i use crickets, sometimes locusts and also roaches from my colony) is provided on no strict schedule or quantity, just when i happen to throw it in these days :)

Cheers all, and thanks for the continued support and advice. I know this forum has quietened down a lot, but it is an invaluable resource for me, so keep it up :)
Answered in Red on how i do things, but everyones a little different on how and what they do diet wise : victory:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And this is why I love this forum - thank you very much for your reply, pretty much all I need to know :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts