Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question

I have 3 females.. one came to me about 12 weeks ago... then today WHAM i find an egg.. shes kept on her own in her exo terra so its definately not frm any other crestie... and shes never been with a male here..

Im chuffed as shes an orange super dal and the dad would be a blonde harely super dal... so very pretty babies i hope

now shes not been near any of my males but i do know she was with a male before coming here..

but i thought they cycled eggs regularly through the breeding year.. so im a bit confused.. as even if she had laid minimum a day b4 i got her that would still be 12 weeks she hadnt...

also my other two girls both laid eggs on 14th april im incubating at 74 and the eggs look nice and plump but when might they lay again..

im checking every day so i dont miss any just incase...

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
copper, my female, normally lays the day / the week... the egg before hatches.... lol...

incubated at 74/5 :)

but sh eis odd, and only lays 1 egg at a time :)

but this year i have had 3 babies, 2 eggs incubating

and 2 other eggs died.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
mine were around 60 ish days....

wait a sec... lol

EDIT here you goo... from my site...

Eggs

1 egg found 3.1.08 - Hatched 7.3.08
(Freckles)

1 egg found 24.1.08 - Hatched 21.4.08 at 10:30pm
(Pumpkin)

1 egg found 9.3.08 - Hatched 19.5.08 at 7:20pm
(Noname yet!)

1 egg found 10.4.08 (dead)

1 egg found 19.5.08​

Eggs

4 eggs found - 24.1.08 (2 dead) - Hatched 30.4.08 at 10pm
(Blaze)

4 eggs found - 24.1.08 (2 dead) - Hatched 1.5.08 at 8:30pm
(Smudge)

2 eggs found - dead

ok so how long can it go between egg laying maxium then..

im incubating at 74 ish just slightly over..

how many days also should it take til hatching do u find gina xxxx

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
matsh isnt my strongest point... lol

so here you can work it out lol!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
thats a good question u asked there about breediing cycles,i had 3 fems that have been with a male and only 1 of the females have had eggs.they were layed 35 days after sha had been withe the male but the other two fems still knothing.maria

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ive just had an egg hatch at around 67 days . in this time ive had another two clutches . .

so by going with that they lay around every 30 days or so ?

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive just had an egg hatch at around 67 days . in this time ive had another two clutches . .

so by going with that they lay around every 30 days or so ?

but if thats true then the female ive had for 12 weeks is an anomally... how weird... i thought it was every 4 to 6 weeks...

also my girls last laid on 14th april.. both the same day... and they look gravid again but havent laid again..

maybe its not as simple as we al thought LOL

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
as for not laying for a total of 84 days .

im unsure if they can retain sperm over a season or not . but maybe they had retained sperm and were kept in a cooler unlayable environment until just now.

has the egg deffo just been layed ?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
My female's lay dates...

23rd of Feb first clutch
15th March 2nd clutch
5th April 3rd clutch
28th May 4th Clutch

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I was going to suggest something similar to negri - maybe she was at a higher temperature in her old home, then when she moved to you your room temperature may have been a bit lower than she's used to... potentially simulating a cooling period...

Then about 3-4 weeks ago it was nice and warm right? Which may have triggered back into breeding condition, utilising the sperm she had stored from the male previously.

I could be talking absolute rubbish, but that's what i'd reckon :)

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to suggest something similar to negri - maybe she was at a higher temperature in her old home, then when she moved to you your room temperature may have been a bit lower than she's used too... potentially simulating a coolin period...

Then about 3-4 weeks ago it was nice and warm right? Which may have triggered back into breeding condition, utilising the sperm she had stored from the male previously.

I could be talking absolute rubbish, but that's what i'd reckon :)

ahh very interesting and possible...

its definately JUST been laid... it was even dampish when i lifted it out

shes only been in her new viv for 3 days...

a nice kitted out exo terra...

it was only one though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts