Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a very silly question but i normally feed my crestie by hand, she licks the CGD from my finger.
But i had a slight accident at work and have 2 fingers stiched up and covered in bandages so cant handle her for a week or so, so will she find the food by herself if i just put it in the tank?
I have feed her by hand as she never seemed to touch the food, and it tamed her down a lot.
Thanks.:blush:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would imagine that she would feed from a bowl as long as she can recognise the food, just try and make sure the bowl is lower then her so its easier to find.

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just using a milk bottle top, i have always put the remainder of the food left from when i feed her in the tank anyway, but she dont seem to touch it normally.

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of this years young, forgot to ask the dob but the shop had just got them in. i have had here for a month and she is 3" nose to tip of tail.

·
Registered
557 Posts
She's still a baby so I wouldnt worry about not seeing much gone from the bottle top, she will know its there and will eat more than likely once you are in bed.

As mentioned, put it low and easily reachable.

If you are worried, do you have some cotton buds....as you could use these to hand feed while your fingers heal:2thumb:

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would try the buds but cant hold crestie and buds:rotfl:
Its the first 2 fingers on my right hand are stiched up and loads of padding and bandages so my right hand is totally useless, hence the sllloooowwwww typing:rotfl:

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
last night i leveled the top off her food so i could see if she had eaten any, it was untouched this morning so i have just made her some more, opened the tank and put the food in, dipped my finger in and held it up towards her hidy spot.
She then jumped on my hand, clambered up to my finger tip and sat there eating loads:2thumb:
So i have just sat there for 10mins, one handed feeding her on my finger.
I was soo pleased, she never tried to escape once.

Now, has anyone any tips on how to stop a crestie feeding from hand :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts