Reptile Forums banner

crestys and locusts

514 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  s22jgs 
#1 ·
Hi ive been feeding my crestys crickets about 3 times a week and they have been a bit of a pain with escaping ect ,can you tell me if locusts of the right size are a good replacement dusted with nutrobol .

#3 ·
Thanks sue crickets are really winding me up im finding them all over my house AHHHHHH the wifes giving me grief :flrt: I think they have been escaping from the top of my exoterra viv where cables ect can be placed inside ive taped them all up , are locusts as active as crickets as where I have lots of folage in my tank they climb all over the place although the geckos probably get a good work out catching them .

#5 ·
The smaller the locust I have found the more active they are. Sometimes I have lost more before they even get in the viv but as I say they are easier to catch than crickets. I have traps all around my house to catch the bloody crickets. I use moss and pack it in the gap above the background and have had no escapees since , only the ones that escape as I put them in a bag to cover with nutrabol or the odd one that escapes as I open the door. I don't even try to catch them any more I just bash um , I have found it works better :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.