Reptile Forums banner

'Cricket Keeper'

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  mybeardeddragons 
#1 ·
I seen one of these in the pet shop today.

they're a plastic box with tubes and trap doors you can keep cickets in them.

it looked confusing and couldnt figure out how it worked

does anyone know how they work?

#2 ·
you put the crickets in and then when you need crickets to feed your reps you pull one of the tubs out (the crix hide in them) and cover the ends up and shake the contents into the viv! :)
i hope that maked sense! :D

#6 ·
Yeah.

Personally I find it easier to keep them in a large container with egg boxes. When I want some I put a live food tub in and shake an eggbox over the top then put the top on loose. Then I can shake out any extra to leave me with the number I want.

i find toilet roll tubes a lot easier than egg boxes

#7 · (Edited)
i find that if you use toilet roll tubes they hide in it then u can shake them into a old coffee jar ready for dusting. works well for me and my beardies hear the crix being shaken about and now as soon as i lift the jar they run to the glass and know whats coming.

Oh yes the cricket keeper are for people who dont like to handle them but what i use is the same but on a bigger scale but the man in pet shop says waste of money.

#8 ·
sorry 2 hijack but wen u take the tube out of the cricket keeper do the crickets not get out of the hole on the cricket keeper ??

#10 ·
We have a few and they are quite good if you only have a small number of crickets to house. We now use them for the great big crickets we buy in boxes, but use a fish tank and egg boxes for the smaller ones in bulk bags.

In the fish tank, we use the black kricket keeper tubes, shake the egg box and they all hide away in the tube, so you can get them out really easily and into a plastic tub for dusting.

So yeah, a good buy if you don't feed a lot of crickets! Oh, also, make sure you put some tape over the hole where the trap doors hinge from, or they escape!!!

#16 ·
We have the large 4 tube version too - makes life quite simple, espeically as you can drop calcuim dust down the tube, then give it a really good shake. The crickets come out dusted and dazed, and slower for the beardies to catch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.