Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone ever buy live feed online for reptiles and can give me the name of a safe website to buy from as im quite warey of buying online. im want crickets for my beardies. thanks sonya

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yeah i use livefood warehouse. only problem is they have started packing bulk bags of crickets with scrunched up newspaper instead of egg crates and have you ever tried to get crickets out of newspaper! its a nightmare haha! excellent prices and free postage though!

not good if you just want 1 or 2 tubs though. then use petzoo.co.uk as these are cheaper for tubs :)

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Lol
We got our order from there yesterday (order was placed on tues) and the only thing we got in newspaper was mealies :D
Crickets come from there in great condition and none die before we run out considering we order in the 1000's thats a bloody good deal i think :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
i've used livefood.co.uk ever since i got my beardies, they're brilliant and i've only ever had a problem recently as i think they had a work experience girl on who was incredibly rude to me. apart from that they deliver next day if you order before 3pm (11am on a friday) and the crickets and locusts etc always come fresh and well packed :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I used livefoods direct for a while and they were cheap, reliable etc. Just a pain in the backside removing crickets from the scrunched up newspaper they are packed with (and ultimately scooping them off the conservatory floor cos so many get away). Do other sites use egg cartons then? If so I might go back to getting crickets by post

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Here is a fantastic place for crickets online Welcome to the Livefood Warehouse

Great quality great price really friendly people and fantastic delivery everytime
This site sent ours on weds with egg cartons but monkey girl got hers in newspaper.
im sure if you give them a call and ask if they are packed in newspaper regularly then they can let you know

·
Registered
559 Posts
I used livefoods direct for a while and they were cheap, reliable etc. Just a pain in the backside removing crickets from the scrunched up newspaper they are packed with (and ultimately scooping them off the conservatory floor cos so many get away). Do other sites use egg cartons then? If so I might go back to getting crickets by post
livefoods always use egg boxes... i think i've had mealies in newspaper once but a friend of mine gave them to me so i don't know where they came from.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i used live food for good. i used them twice and then on my 3rd order it never turned up, i emailed them and said i never got them they got abit shirty but replaced them and the orders take a few days ,

·
Registered
132 Posts
i used live food for good. i used them twice and then on my 3rd order it never turned up, i emailed them and said i never got them they got abit shirty but replaced them and the orders take a few days ,
none of the live food companys like it when orders go missing, because they are insects they are not covered by royal mail even if they lose them so the company either has to replace at there own cost or lose a customer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts