Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been researching crocodile skinks for a few days now, but couldn't find anything out about their stress levels other than they're very shy of their owners at first and play dead if really upset, like a hoggie.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I don't want to get one in the distant future only for it to have a heart attack as I try and clean it out or hold it for the first time.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
They are very shy and I wouldn't handle them unless you have to. A couple of my CB ones would come out in the open and feed in front of me but any movement and they're off - don't expect most crocodile skinks to sit out and feed with you around though.

I doubt they'd have a heart attack and drop dead with the occassional handle. All mine tend to calm down once you're grabbed them, catching them tends to be the most stressful part. Please don't get this species if you intend on handling them often though, they really aren't that type of lizard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.