Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
this is my first time on the site!

I've been keeping reptiles for about 10 years now, and about 6 months ago got a pair of adult cuban Knight anoles. My female the other day was really fat, I thought she could be gravid. then lost all the weight, and low and behold when digging around in the coconut fibre substrate found me an egg! anywho, its in the bator now. I just wondered if theres anyone out there with some experience of these lizards? I'm running a bit on guesswork and they seem to be happy, just theres very little info on their captive care, and wondered if anyone had anything at all?

thanks guys

max

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I had a cb cuban, but i sold him a couple of weeks back (kinda a rescue job from young).
I did'nt breed him due to.....uhrm...not much market for them due to their reputations, but i loved him all the same. :)
Wish i could have kept him! Put pics up as soon as the babes hatch! (as there will be more eggs).
Anoles lay 1-2 eggs every two weeks. Most species of anole are more or less the same with care and egg laying, and i have and do breed green anoles. :wink:
If no one else can help pm me with any questions you may have (as i may forget to check this topic again). :)
I kept my knight in the same way as my greens, only on a larger scale. lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is a piccy of my female, think this is how you put a pic on[/img]

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
lol, no piccie hun, looks like you forgot to fill the rest out witht he URL....or you deleted it by mistake. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
i really want a cuban knkight anole theyre really cool how much were yours out of interest

·
Registered
766 Posts
i really want a cuban knkight anole theyre really cool how much were yours out of interest

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
erm, not sure to be honest, lol, i think i got my pair for £80, which seems, okish, dont really see them often so im nto sure what they normally go for! but they're bred and laying, so if i get babies i'll keep you posted as i wont have romo for them all!

If you really want some, exotic pets sell WC ones, i know not everyone agrees with the whole wc thing, and obviously we all prefer CB, but i duobt you'll find many or any CB's around!

:lol:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
80quid! blimey!
I did'nt pay that for mine, I payed was 25quid.
He was CB as well, housed with his brothers and sisters when young, i chose not to breed them as ive said due to the lack of people wanting them. I had him free to a good home and that was the only way i could re-home him. :(

Here they sell them for 15quid, they are CF.
http://www.iscareptiles.homestead.com/about.html

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*80 quid was for the breeding pair of adults, as tame as a beardie too, sit on my shoulder while i sit in the comp and scratch at the glass to come out when i sit here

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also, when anoles lay there lil clutches of 1 or 2 eggs every week or so, how long do they do that for? :?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
It is definately worth paying the extra money for tame animals (only if their not easily tameable like beardies).
I just said to someone the other day, i want an african grey parrot, and i would pay a couple of hundred extra just for a tame loving bird as they are gorgeous! lol

Hmmm, i think they should lay eggs for a good 3-4 months. Not sure if it's anymore or less, but that would be my guess as my greens lay for this long. :D
Weldone for keeping these! i would have kept my little boy if i'd had the space and money. :( at least he's happy and healthy!

if you look on my site theres pics of him in the Anolis section (as well as my greens too) :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oooooh hes pretty handsome :D I like!
ooh talking of african greys, we've got an african grey, had him about 13 years now, he was a rescue from a pet shop where he was kept in a budie cage on the top shelf growling, luckily its gone now! He's an amazing talker, hes in the livign rook with the tv and people 24/7, and i cant think of a word he doesnt say! sings along when enighbours or eastenders comes on, calls me to get up in the morning, doesn entire phone calls and you can hear him do a faint voice for the person on the other end too! now when mum opens the back door, he calls the cat to come in....problem is, he's not really trustoworthy :( I can put my fingers in his cage and give him head scratch then after about 10 seconds, he whips round and tries to take my fingers off!

shame, but love him to bits, would rather he was handlable

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
lmao!!!
what a smart yet violent bird. lol
too much violence on tv thats whats caused it! stop showing him eastenders and neighbors! :lol:
Im not planning to get one, i cant afford it and my sister (who i live with) hates birds (she has a phobia of flapping wings i think).
But i do love african greys and cockatoo's too, ive seen some lovely ones who just put their head against the cages to be stroked!
Im quite good with birds too, i know how to make them trust me and i talk to them softly.
I was talking to this shy little bird in a pet shop the other week, she was walking up and down the branch and wth patients and soft talking she finally came to me for a tummy tickle. One of the assistants walked past and said, "Awwwww, she likes you".
Wish i could have had her!!! but she was 350!
I cant remember what species she was, she was green and small, but theres so many like that and i cant remember her other colours. :roll:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aaaaaaaaaaaw wow :D could have been a yuoung amazon, they;re gorgeous. You could always get a conure, ahve a look on the net, they get as tame as large parrots with the same intelligence, but are tiny, there was one in the counter of a pet shop in pitsea near me, and the conure was on the til, and he flew onto my shoulder and started nibbling my ear, my hairs quite long and he was pretty hidden, was so temtped to walk out the shop unknowlingly lol! shame ive got morals! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts