Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya RFUK'ers!!

I have now decided to offer my services to anyone wanting a custom background for there vivarium! I have so far done 7 backgrounds, all different designs and sizes. And will very soon be doing a custom background for someone on RFUK.

I make my backgrounds inside the vivarium. So if you wanted me to make you a background I would need you to deliver the vivarium and you can either collect or I can deliver within a 20 mile radius for £15.00.

A courier can be arrange but I hold no responsibility for any damage to the vivarium! You would have to take up matters with the courier company. Just a reminder! I do not need the glass!! So do not courier or bring it to me with the viv!.

I can make any sort of background on request! And I can work on any size vivarium.

Prices do vary!! On the design you want and also the size of the vivarium you want it on!!. So contact me for a quote!!!.

Time scale can take anywhere from a week to 3 weeks depending on what you want!. Not to mention I do have an evening job and 2 kids! But I can work around that!.

This is some of the work I have done with my own vivs!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww Thanks hunny! :blush:

I'm getting an RFUK'ers viv delivered tomorrow!! So work will start on this one monday!!.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your designs look amazing, i dont need mine doing as iv recently done mine, but credit where credit is due your very creative and talanted!!!:2thumb::notworthy:

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Edit: Reread the post lol!
I will be there asoon as i get a car :whistling2:

Stunning!
Whats your avarage price?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Do you actually need to have the viv to do these?? if the design is relatively simple, can you work to measurements?

Awesome work by the way, you should sell a couple of those to Alchemy so they can branch out a bit..)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you actually need to have the viv to do these?? if the design is relatively simple, can you work to measurements?

Awesome work by the way, you should sell a couple of those to Alchemy so they can branch out a bit..)
Hi hunny!!

Depending on the design I might be able too!! The only problem is getting the measurements spot on, for example, id you have a 48" long viv then I would have to make sure it does'nt go over 48"!! because if I got some much a 2mm over then the background won't fit.

Another problem is the top and bottom plinth on vivs! Makes it very difficult to get a background in. So I could make a background that is 48" long and if the viv is say 24" high then make the background 12-14" tall. So it will get inside the viv easier without it getting damaged/cracked.

And if you wanted the sides I could make these seperate and all you have to do is silicone these to the backwall of the viv.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
no rush, vivs arent built yet anyway, although they'll be a 4x2x2, and I'd want all three inside walls covering rather than just the back..

I was actually just wanting standard fake rock, but to a better quality that what I can find ready-made. My viv's will have outward opening doors, so I cant see that having a background that's the right height being too much of a problem.

Have you ever made them in panels that fit together? I notice a lot of your stuff looks very sculptured and one-piece.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no rush, vivs arent built yet anyway, although they'll be a 4x2x2, and I'd want all three inside walls covering rather than just the back..

I was actually just wanting standard fake rock, but to a better quality that what I can find ready-made. My viv's will have outward opening doors, so I cant see that having a background that's the right height being too much of a problem.

Have you ever made them in panels that fit together? I notice a lot of your stuff looks very sculptured and one-piece.
Hi hun,

All my work is done from inside the viv. The fact that you have outward opening doors makes it easier but I also need to know where your vents are going to be placed?? as I normally work around them to prevent blocking them off.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought I would bump up the thread.

This is my latest project i'm working on! The Mayan 2012 doomsday theme. It still needs painting and varnishing.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My latest project just finished!. If you want a custom background then please contact me. Prices do vary on what you want and the size of the enclosure.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i think i saw a video on youtube of you makeing the background with the cross.
looks really good, i could not use your services though because i could not be futher away from you at 230 miles from where i live in glossop derbyshire.

would love to know how to do it cheaply and safely, but it always seems that the parts and equipment although look really good seem to be just as expensive if not more then teh ones you buy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts